Wednesday, August 20, 2008

goes bing



(Edit: this post was essentially founded on this damn video... Anyone who has been with me when I have been to the ER knows that I just find the whole process terribly funny... surgery, catheters, all of it... this time I couldn't help but hallucinate scenes from the meaning of life You remember, the little machine that goes BING! However that red light on the top of the monitor was an alert that my vital signs were critical, which of course I found very amusing. So what to do? Have Charly take a video and blog it from the ER! Almost as good as that panorama shot from the aurora bridge with a "last post"... but no... not that time yet  ;-)
(EDIT II: oh yeah... btw, sorry if  this post is TMI, someone told me that this was the penultimate TMI, but let's face it kids, I finally ended up in the ER, and it was really spooky and it was rather close, so, that's life/death/whatever... to quote AOS, "and now for reality!")

18 ambien
20'ish Carisopradol
30'ish Dilaudid
some beverage of high proof.
Came on about as subtly as a punch to the face.

A certain gemini inferred that it was a weak cocktail.
but I wasn't suicidal.
I just wanted to turn the brain off and quit thinking about...
you know... stuff!

Suicide requires a Rope or a Wakizashi or Semtex.
Leaves an epic mess.

Suicide is a vengeance.
I just wanted to go hide.
When the pills kicked in, 
got irrational, kept going,
hiding was dying.
eh.
It happens.

So... Charly woke up with me throwing up in the bathroom...
So I was not able to keep everything down, 
which I suppose is best.  
She got me to Harborview... 
and somehow or another we talked them into letting me come home. 
I was pretty open to suggestion.
I would have gone to a worse place if I had stayed in their ward, better here.

That fucking witch screaming:
"JOHNPUTYOURHEADDOWNJOHN!!!"
wierd.
Yeah.
I was not in the mood...
to deal with crazys that were fixating on me in the ER.
srry.

2 comments:

Hg said...

You know, I only gather more and more distaste for that certain gemini the more I am forced to read and hear about her... a weak cocktail?! 18 ambien, 20 Carisopradol, 30 Dilaudid = death quite easily.

Here, let me break it down for her: Even moderate doses of only dilaudid can be fatal, and 30 (ok, ok, 30ish) is not doing it in moderation. Ok, ambien, maybe not so much... it's chemically quite a bit like a benzodiazepine, and you have to take a shitload to get even comatose... in most cases an OD results in excessive sleepiness... UNLESS you're also taking other medication that suppresses the CNS, which you were, because... Carisoprodol overdose can cause a lot of less severe nasty things, and in more severe cases seizures and coma... unless, of course, you're taking another medication which suppresses the CNS (which you did Ambien).

But cut it out. If you're not trying to kill yourself, try not to give yourself permanent nerve or kidney damage... I doubt that that would be fun for you.

Anyway... *yawn*... next time tell the child to STFU about things she knows nothing about. And next time, if you're not trying to kill yourself, don't try to do such a good job. And if you are trying to kill yourself, a properly placed gun, an effective hanging, or cyanide is probably the way to go.

Message in a bottle: said...

Oh, I was saying it was you that said it was weak, I thought you meant it was weak.

I WASN'T trying to kill myself... I took 3 ambien, which is a good knockout, but nothing happened, I just kept stewing, so I took 3 more, and then I got angry, so I upended the bottle, and then I remember upending the bottle and then quite suddenly I couldn't type and I went to the bad place in a sorta pseudo balckout(sp, but I'm keeping it as it seems more appropriate). Then I stumbled to the med kit and it gets real blurry, vomit was surging through the base of my teeth at my gums and I ran to the bathroom as i felt bad that I was going to make a mess for Charly. It was wierd. I really don't know how many of the hydromorphone or soma I took, i probably just upended bottles, I was in that black john mode. I think it may have been grappa and not everclear that was the chaser, I was sorta laughing as I strolled down the road to hell, hence it was either grappa or Jack Daniels... but my humor wasn;t sadistic, so it must have been grappa.. as JD woulda made me want to leave a mess when I went.

The witch... that fucking witch... I have to tell you about her in person...

yeah, that made me lie like hell lto stay out of the metal ward at HV.